The PreMD Ambassadors program is a unique opportunity that gives undergraduate students interested in medicine, access to incredible resources at the College of Medicine – Tucson. PreMD Ambassadors work with the Admissions Office on a variety of projects, assist with major events, participate in community service and lead tours, while learning indepth skills to prepare them for their own medical school application.
As a PreMD Ambassador, you will learn about the educational paths that you and your fellow students can take to medical school, and about the programs and opportunities offered by the College of Medicine. The program lasts for a full academic year, during which you'll remain enrolled full-time in your undergraduate major. Each ambassador functions with little supervision. They maintain a high degree of professionalism, reliability, and confidentiality.
Benefits of Participation
- Earn a letter of involvement.
- Participate in professional development workshops.
- Receive personalized support from Admissions staff.
- Network with current medical students, faculty, and administrators at the University of Arizona College of Medicine.
- Learn all about the application process at the College of Medicine.
- Get to know the College of Medicine facilities, events, programs, and community.
Students in the PreMD Ambassadors program must:
- Be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate program (any major) at the University of Arizona.
- Be interested in applying to medical school.
- Not plan to apply to medical school in the 2017-2018 application cycle.
- Commit at least one full academic year (Fall 2017-Spring 2018) to the PreMD Ambassador's Program.
Preference will be given to students that have completed at least two years (4 semesters) of college.
The application has for the 2017-2018 Academic Year is now closed.
Please contact Cassandra Votruba at email@example.com or (520) 626-6214.