The Pre-Medical Admissions Pathway (P-MAP) Program is a 12-month, full-time, intensive medical school preparation program designed for students who have experienced greater than average challenges in preparing to become competitive medical school applicants. The program includes a Master of Science degree in Cellular & Molecular Medicine, professional and clinical development, and success seminars. Those who successfully complete the program requirements will receive conditional admission to the UA College of Medicine-Tucson campus.
The P-MAP program provides an individualized approach through personalized plans focusing on three main areas:
- Educational Enrichment: Consisting of a combination of undergraduate and/or graduate coursework, learning assistance and MCAT preparation.
- Professional Socialization: Development of professional skills that are expected of a physician, including mentorship, clinical experience, opportunities to give professional presentations and clinical medicine professional etiquette.
- Life Management: Training and coaching in financial and stress management, goal setting for medical school and beyond, and the transition to the medical school curriculum. P-MAP also provides access to confidential counseling services.
The purpose of the P-MAP curriculum is to facilitate the development of knowledge, skills, and attitudes that are needed for students to be successful in medical school and to eventually become providers of high-quality healthcare for our communities.
The office will be holding a number of information sessions in the fall to promote P-MAP and speak directly with students. Please feel free to come and learn more about P-MAP and have your questions answered.
- VIEW NOW | Recorded Information Session at The University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson
- February 21, 2017 1:00-4:00pm | University of Arizona - College of Medicine Tucson
- TBD | University of Arizona - Integrated Learning Center
- TBD | Arizona State University - Tempe
- February 22, 2017 12:00-3:00pm | Arizona State University - Downtown
- TBD | Arizona State University - West
- February 24, 2017 11:00am-1:00pm | Grand Canyon University
- February 23, 2017 11:00am-4:00pm | Northern Arizona University
The P-MAP program is in collaboration with CoM Admissions and the University of Arizona Health Sciences Office of Diversity and Inclusion. if you'd like to lean more about UAHS Office of Diversity and Inclusion visit our website.