Our Medical Student Research Program (MSRP) enriches medical student education beyond classrooms and clerkships. Our student research fellows:
- Explore the current horizens of basic and clinical biology
- Develop research skills
- Learn to communicate effectively
- Learn to identify and solve problems systematically
- Meet distinguished visiting physicians and scientists
- Work closely with faculty and students in diverse laboratory and patient care settings
Our alumni enter medicine with experience conducting, presenting and even publishing medical research. Many MSRP students go on to pursue joint MD/PhD or other combined degrees, achieving leadership positions in academic medicine or clinical practice.
Past participants often tell us that the MSRP was one of the most enjoyable and productive things they did during medical school, and influenced their choice of career or specialty.
Research Distinction Track
Students participating in MSRP programs should also consider pursuing the MD Distinction Track in Research.
Related Academic Programs
Medical Student Research Program
University of Arizona
College of Medicine
Department of Surgery
1501 N. Campbell Ave.
P.O. Box 245200
Tucson, Arizona 85724-5200
Phone: (520) 626-6118
Fax: (520) 626-0822