Drs. Gilbert and Hellmann serve jointly as GME housestaff counselors.
Dr. Mark Gilbert received his M.D. degree from the University of Ottawa after which he completed his residency in Psychiatry at the University of Califonia Los Angeles. Dr. Gilbert will provide services for these programs:
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Radiation Oncology
- Emergency Medicine
- Emergency Medicine – South
Dr. Gary Hellmann received his M.D. degree from St. Louis School of Medicine after which he completed his residency in Psychiatry and fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the University of Arizona. Dr. Hellmann will provide services for these programs:
- Medicine (incl. all Medicine Fellowships)
- Medicine – South
- Family Medicine – South
- Family Medicine
- Ophthalmology – South
To make an appointment, please call 520-626-7200, please press 1 for Dr. Hellmann and press 2 for Dr. Gilbert. Leave your name, program name and a call back number when prompted. The appropriate housestaff counselor will respond within 24 hours. For any emergencies or crises, please go immediately to the Emergency Department or call the Community Crisis Line at 622-6000.
Examples of services provided:
- Short-term counseling to help your training and your life go well during residency and/or fellowship.
- Diagnosis and treatment of psychiatric disorders.
- Short-term couples or family counseling.
- Short-term individual counseling for your spouse/significant other.
- Work with you to arrange time off from your work when indicated.
- Department or Program Director referrals of a resident/fellow for consultation upon request.