The online secondary application is designed to help us learn more about you as a complete person. It's an important step on your path to the College of Medicine. Applicants to the College of Medicine will be reviewed for eligibility to receive a secondary application. Secondary applications are offered from July to December during each application cycle.
To earn a secondary application, you must have a 3.0 overall GPA, 3.0 BCPM GPA and at least a 498 MCAT.
- The oldest MCAT score we will accept for the 2018-2019 cycle is from June of 2016.
- Please refer to the AMCAS course classification guide when calculating your BCPM and overall GPA as it may be different from your local school's GPA calculation.
Our holistic review process
Our holistic admissions process is designed to assess candidates as complete people, with distinct abilities and past experiences. Rather than only looking at sets of scores, we consider your academic and personal circumstances as well as your overall fit within the University of Arizona College of Medicine Tucson.
The secondary application plays a significant part in determining who we would like to interview, so we encourage you to be thoughtful and timely in completing it.
- College faculty, administrators and campus partners will perform a thorough review of your secondary application.
- After this review, you may be invited to schedule an interview.
- Many applicants are not immediately invited to interview.
- Don't worry if your application remains under review for several months.
There is a fee of $85 to complete the secondary application. AAMC Fee Assistance Program members are exempt from this fee. Should you pay your fee with a check, you must wait to submit your secondary application until the check is received by the Admissions Office.