The Policy Revision Subcommittee is a subcommittee within TEPC tasked to evaluate, revise, and discuss policies related to TEPC. The policies that TEPC manages include: curriculum, grading and progression, evaluation and assessment, etc. The Policy Revision Subcommittee meets regularly adhoc to review new policies and existing policies brought forth to TEPC.
- Chairperson: Director of Program Evaluation & Student Assessment
- Associate Dean of Curricular Affairs
- Associate Dean of Student Affairs
- Director of Accreditation
- Director of Curriculum & Integrative Learning
- Director of Faculty Instructional Development
- Assistant Director of Pre-Clerkship
- Assistant Director of Clerkship
- Senior Program Coordinator
- Director of Student Records
- Director of Financial Aid
- Director of COM ITS
- COM-T General Counsel
- Regularly review current policies to update to current levels on language, curriculum changes (e.g. new curriculum implementation), LCME standards, etc.
- Review, edit, and discuss new TEPC policies when tasked by TEPC
- Provide edits, feedback, and discussion of existing TEPC policies when tasked by TEPC
- Discuss any conflicts or issues that may result from any changes or edits to TEPC policies
- Present proposed policy revisions and edits to TEPC for approval
Approval Flow Process for TEPC Policy Revisions
- New Request for Policy Revision
- Individual submits a request for policy revision.
- Chair of TEPC Policy Review Subcommittee is notified of the request for policy revision.
- TEPC -Initial Discussion
- Individual presents at a TEPC Meeting their proposal for policy revision.
- TEPC discusses the proposed changes and approves/denies the move toward revision.
- Gives the charge to the Policy Subcommittee to revisit the specific policy.
- TEPC Policy Subcommittee
- TEPC Policy Subcommittee Chair gathers the current policy, the proposed changes, and sends out to Policy subcommittee members.
- Subcommittee reviews the changes, makes edits, and prepares a revised policy for review.
- Subcommittee approves to have the General Counsel review.
- General Counsel Review
- TEPC Policy Subcommittee will usually have a member of General Counsel on the subcommittee to help review throughout, but in case not...
- TEPC Policy Chair sends the final revised policy to be reviewed by General Counsel.
- General Counsel will approve to move forward to TEPC or send back to TEPC Policy Taskforce for revisions
- TEPC - Final Discussion and Vote
- The TEPC Policy Chair will request to put the Subcommittee approved policy revision on the schedule to be presented to TEPC.
- TEPC Policy Chair will present the revisions and final revision at a TEPC Meeting.
- TEPC members will vote to either approve, deny, or request further edits. If further edits are necessary, it will go back to TEPC Policy Subcommittee.
- (Optional) TEPC Policy Subcommittee
- This step is ONLY if further changes needed requested by TEPC.
- Subcommittee reviews the additional changes, makes edits, and prepares a revised policy for review and vote by TEPC members.
- Revised Policy is Approved
- Approved revised policy will be dated with the date of TEPC meeting when it was approved.
- Approved revised policy will be uploaded to the UACOM-T website.