The Tucson Electives Subcommittee (TES) is a standing subcommittee of TEPC. This is the subcommittee responsible for the oversight of elective courses offered at the Tucson campus. Its role is to:
- Monitor and review the structure, quality and delivery of the elective curriculum for the Tucson Track.
- Make recommendations to the Tucson Educational Policy Committee (TEPC) concerning the structure, development, delivery and use of the electives curriculum.
- Report to the TEPC and provides support for evaluation and review functions for electives as directed.
- May establish guidelines and procedures in consultation with TEPC
- TES voting members will be appointed by TEPC for staggered 3-year terms. There are no limits to the number of terms a member may serve.
- TES voting members will include
- At least one at-large basic science faculty member appointed by TEPC
- At least one at-large clinical faculty member appointed by TEPC
- Leadership of the Curricular Affairs office
- Two student members: one student from Year 3 and one student from Year 4
- Evaluations specialist (Curricular Affairs staff)
- Other staff as required
The chairperson will be elected by the members of the Tucson Electives Subcommittee.