The Tucson Evaluation Subcommittee (TEVS) is a standing subcommittee of the Tucson Educational Policy Committee (TEPC). Reporting to TEPC, TEVS implements program evaluation/review policies established by the TEPC; supports the evaluation and reporting functions of TEPC for program evaluation of components of the curriculum and Tucson Track.
Memberships includes faculty, medical students, and resource members who encompass a wide range and varity of involvement and expertise in the 4 year MD curriculum.
Faculty and medical student members will be invited from the current list of active TEPC members to join the TEVS subcommittee. These members will actively review and provide feedback for the evaluation reports.
Resource members will be personnel work work at the College of Medicine to help collect and review data for the evaluation reports. These individuals include:
- Director of Program Evaluation & Student Assessment
- Associate Dean for Curricular Affairs
- Assistant Director of Preclerkship
- Assistant Director of Clerkship
- Director of Accreditation
- Director of Research & Analytics
- Manager of Assessment & Evaluation
- TEPC Chair
- TEPC Chair-Elect
The terms of service for faculty and student TEPC members will be for the duration of their tenure on the TEPC committee. The terms of service for the support members will be ongoing.
- Review and provide feedback on TEPC evaluation reports including:
- Level 1 reports – Evaluation of the course/clerkship/longitudinal components
- Level 2 reports – Evaluation of the phases (pre-clerkship, clerkship, transition to residency)
- Level 3 report – Evaluation of the entire 4 year MD curriculum at UA COM
- Review and report annually on the effectiveness of the Evaluation Plan of the MD program of UA COM.
- Makes policy recommendations to TEPC with respect to program evaluation.
- Confers with Curricular Affairs and Instructional Technology to develop/modify methods of data collection and reporting.
- Recommends to TEPC the dissemination of evaluation data to faculty and the appropriate venues for posting of these data.