Southern Arizona VA
Bldg. 2, 4th Floor Conference Room
Endocrinology Fellows Conference
Speaker: Marlon A. Guerrero, MD, FACS; Associate Professor, Surgery; Associate Professor, Otolaryngology; Associate Program Director, General Surgery Residency Program.
Topic: "Disorders of the Adrenal Gland"
Dr. Guerrero became interested in treating endocrine tumors and disorders after his training at the MD Anderson Cancer Center. His research interests are
- Pathogenesis of adrenalcortical carcinoma
- Clinical and molecular factors associated with advanced thyroid cancer
- Optimizing the surgical approach in recurrent thyroid cancer
- Study of thyroid carcinogenesis, advanced thyroid cancers
- Studying systemic effects of hypercalcemia seen in primary hyperparathyroidism