University of Arizona College of Medicine, Room 5403
1501 N. Campbell Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85724
If you are a University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson faculty member considering applying for promotion during the 2018-19 review cycle, you should discuss the possibility with your division chief (if applicable) and department head as soon as possible. This discussion will help you make an informed decision and ensure the promotion process is well-coordinated in both your department and at the college level.
- To determine whether you may qualify for promotion at this time, review the college-specific information for your track and anticipated rank in the COM Guidelines for Promotion and Tenure, which can be found on the COM Faculty Affairs website at http://medicine.arizona.edu/sites/medicine/files/com_pt_guidelines_rev_june_15_2016.pdf. Additional information about the promotion and/or tenure process is provided on the website, as well as checklists for preparing the dossier for both tenure track and non-tenure track faculty.
- A second important resource is the University’s Guide to the Promotion Process, which may be found on the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs website at http://facultyaffairs.arizona.edu/sites/facultyaffairs/files/17-18_guide_to_the_promotion_process_20170525.pdf. This document contains helpful strategies for using the annual review and the promotion process to achieve your career goals.
- The dossier guide sheets and other resources are also available to be downloaded from that website at http://facultyaffairs.arizona.edu/promotion-and-tenure.
Should you apply for promotion, you will need to work closely with your departmental P&T coordinator. A list of these individuals is attached for your convenience here: com-t-p-and-t-contacts_03-15-18.pdf
Finally, three workshops have been scheduled to provide information about preparing your dossier, as shown below. Please make every effort to attend if you plan to apply for promotion this year.
- Friday, April 20 , 12-1 PM, COM Room 3117
- Monday, April 23, 4-5 PM, COM Room 5403
- Friday, April 27, 8-9 AM, COM Room 2216