We are streaming this online via Zoom, password 039870. To register your attendance, at the beginning of the presentation: please text 347577 to 866-327-3062. This code is only valid for the day of the event. If you haven't set up your account yet, please do so at cams.cme.arizona.edu, and be sure to enter your cell phone number so the system captures your attendance when you text the code.
“A Curious Case of Confusion: An Inpatient Psychiatry Case of Psychotropic De-Prescribing”
Matthew Erisman, MD, Geriatric Psychiatry Fellow BUMC
- Review a case of psychotropic deprescribing
- Discuss contributing factors in psychotropic polypharmacy
- Discuss importance and impact of psychotropic deprescribing in an older population
- Discuss strategies/algorithm to address polypharmacy in general
“Apathy in Dementia”
Jasmine Singh, MD, Geriatric Psychiatry Fellow BUMC
- Discuss prevalence of apathy in different dementias
- Discuss functional/neurological changes in the brain seen in patients with apathy
- Differentiate apathy from depression
- Discuss pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments
The educational objective for Psychiatry Grand Rounds is to provide mental health professionals with updates on psychiatric topics with the goals of increasing knowledge, competence, and patient care. THESE TRAINEE PRESENTATIONS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. The presenters have disclosed that they have no financial relationships with commercial interests that would constitute a conflict of interest concerning this activity.
Persons needing an accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, should contact us at 520-874-4148. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.
Psychiatry Grand Rounds are held every Wednesday (September-May) from 12-1 p.m.
Please contact Jamie Manser with any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).