Dear College of Medicine Faculty, Students and Staff,
In response to the national emergency from COVID-19 outbreak, the College of Medicine Information Technology Services (COM-ITS) is now working 100% remotely to assist you with any technical requests you may have. In trying to serve our community more efficiently and effectively we are adjusting our service hours back to 7:30a-5:30p. Details below:
Service Hours Change
COM-ITS will now revert back to normal remote computer-related service hours for the college to 7:30am to 5:30pm beginning Monday May 11th, 2020:
· 7:30 am – 5:30 pm – regular remote service via: 626-8721, voicemail, or submitting ticket via email or website
How to contact ITS
- We are focusing our efforts towards remote support versus face to face when necessary and applicable
- For MedLearn related issues, submit them online via MedLearn Feedback link.
- All other issues should be directed to the COM ITS Service Desk at (520)626-8721, or online at https://servicedesk.medicine.arizona.edu.
- In the event that you are unable to reach us via phone, due to a large volume of calls, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a ticket online at https://servicedesk.medicine.arizona.edu.
- For urgent situations that ITS leadership attention is needed:
- Ed Xia, Assistant Dean, Information Technology Services, College of Medicine Information Technology Services – email@example.com
- Issues related to email, file storage, servers, computer support and security: Maysoon Eshelman, Director of Infrastructure Services and Customer Care, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Issues related to applications and databases: Winifred Blumenkron, Director of Enterprise Applications and Project Portfolio Management, at email@example.com
If working remotely (off-campus) or using a personal device not on UAWifi wireless network, you may need to use VPN to connect to some campus resources
- VPN Install Instructions: Link for MacOS
- VPN Install Instructions: Link for Windows
- Connect to College of Medicine VPN instructions: https://medicine.arizona.edu/helpdesk-article/access-college-medicine-vpn
- Access Your Work Computer Remotely: https://medicine.arizona.edu/helpdesk-article/access-my-computer-remotely
- Zoom for Health Getting Started Guide: zoom_for_health_getting_started_guide.pdf
Stay Up to Date with the COM ITS Alerts, Notices and Resources
- UITS COVID-19 IT Information: https://it.arizona.edu/covid-19-it-information
- COM ITS Website: https://servicedesk.medicine.arizona.edu
- COM Systems Status Page: https://status.medicine.arizona.edu/
Practice Safe Computing
- Keep a current antivirus subscription up to date. COM ITS staff can install Sophos Central on University-owned machines. For your home computers, the free Sophos Home antivirus software is an option.
- Use safe email practices. Be mindful of phishing attempts, and follow the best practices to avoid phishing scams.
- Understand appropriate use governing University computing and networking resources.
- Don’t accept untrusted certifications if warned by the browser’s security.
- Delete any file you downloaded that contains FERPA, HIPAA or otherwise sensitive data.
- Zoom for Health can be used for any video conferencing needs that involve the communication of any protected health information, https://rgw.arizona.edu/compliance/hipaa-privacy-program/zoom-health.
- Please reach out to the HIPAA Privacy Program if you have any questions or concerns regarding how to work remotely while protecting the privacy and confidentiality of any HIPAA regulated information, https://rgw.arizona.edu/compliance/hipaa-privacy-program.
Though we are limited by our capacity and resources, all ITS members will strive to do our best to address every issue and support request as quickly as possible given the circumstances and as plans are adapted to ensure business continuity during this time. We encourage you to sign up for the UAlert emergency notification system for up to date information in the event of an emergency. Go to alerts.arizona.edu and follow the prompts.
Information Technologies Department
College of Medicine, Tucson