When your computer is running for quite some time, you will notice that it slows down due to idle processes. You can use this method to free up unused RAM and speed up your computer. It requires you to create a desktop shortcut and then open it to clear the memory cache.
Click any image for a full-size version.
- Right-click anywhere on the desktop and select "New" > "Shortcut."
- Enter the following line when asked for location of the shortcut:
- Hit "Next."
- Enter a descriptive name (such as "Clear Unused RAM") and hit "Finish."
- Open this newly created shortcut and you will notice a slight increase in performance.
- Note: The shortcut can be used multiple times. There is no need to delete and recreate it.