The Dean's Research Council (DRC) is a standing committee which advises the Dean of the College of Medicine on matters pertaining to research programs for the College of Medicine – Tucson.
- The Chair of the Dean's Research Council is chosen by the other members of the council and noted on the DRC roster. DRC Roster 2018-2019
- A Call for Nominations is sent to faculty in early spring. Members of the DRC are elected by the voting faculty at the spring general faculty meeting.
- Council members serve for a period of five years.
- The Council is comprised of fifteen faculty members.
- The Deputy Dean for Research serves as Ex-Officio.
- Additional members may serve at the request of the Chair as ad hoc members.
- The Council is supported by the College of Medicine Dean's Office.
Composition of the Council
- At least one-quarter of the members will be from basic science departments and one-quarter of the members will be from clinical departments.
Member Eligibility Criteria
- Members must have a fully established and active research program and a track record of productivity.
- Elected Council members must show their responsibility to the committee and attend at least 60% of the meetings. Council members will be reviewed on a yearly basis for attendance and respect for committee processes.
- Missing more than 40% of the meetings, either excused or unexcused, will result in dismissal from the Council.