What is a Learning Specialist?
- Experienced in providing relevant learning strategies, trouble-shooting, coaching, advocacy, and support
- Professionals with expertise in learning theory and higher education
- Experienced in working with post-secondary professional students
- Works with you to understand your needs/goals
- Remains current with accepted and appropriate instructional theory, practice and research
- Can teach you tools to help you connect with your studying and content
What Meeting with a Learning Specialist Can Offer?
Learning specialists offer individualized one to one meetings/advising. Topics for meetings vary and may include, but are not limited to:
- Study Preparation for Step 1 and Step 2
- Test Taking Strategies
- Testing Anxiety
- Study Habits
- Motivation Issues
- Lecture Process
- Time Management