Serving on the Alumni Board is just one way to contribute your time and knowledge to the UA College of Medicine and its physicians-in-training. Below are several additional ways to get involved.
You were once in their shoes. Now you can volunteer to interview UA College of Medicine applicants. With your knowledge and experience, you will know what to look for in the men and women who want to become doctors. Our Applicant Interviewers tell us the conversations they have with our future students are both rewarding and inspiring.
To learn more about becoming an Applicant Interviewer, contact our Admissions Office.
Alumni provide an invaluable service by sharing their knowledge and experiences with our current medical students. The Alumni Office works with alumni and student clubs to organize lunch talks several times each semester.
Class agents serve the vital role of keeping classmates connected to the UA College of Medicine and to each other. These “social agents” encourage participation in class reunions, local and regional events, and other educational and social programs.
An alumni class can have one agent or multiple agents who share responsibilities. They include:
- Informing Alumni Affairs of outstanding achievements of you and your classmates.
- Acting as a social networking agent and general liaison between the College of Medicine and your classmates.
- Keeping Alumni Affairs informed of current information regarding alums’ addresses, phone numbers, work information and so on.
- Encouraging classmates to send in their news to the Class Notes section of the College of Medicine update.
- Recruiting classmates to serve on reunion committees. Class reunions are held every five years.
The MedCat Alumni Mentor Network is a group of proud, successful University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson alumni who enthusiastically serve as a resource to current medical students who are looking for information about a particular residency program or city. When you click on this link and fill out the form, students may email you to start a conversation.