This summer internship is a 10-week undergraduate research experience for undergraduate students from underrepresented backgrounds.
FACES Conversantes is a service-learning course that provides bilingual Spanish-speaking premed students with training and opportunities to volunteer as medical interpreters.
The Pre-MD Ambassadors program is a unique opportunity that gives undergraduate students interested in medicine access to incredible resources at the College of Medicine – Tucson. Pre-MD Ambassadors work with the Admissions Office on a variety of projects, assist with major events, participate in community service and lead tours while learning in-depth skills to prepare them for their medical school application.
As a Pre-MD Ambassador, you will learn about the educational paths that you and your fellow students can take to medical school and about the programs and opportunities offered by the College of Medicine – Tucson. The program lasts for a full academic year, during which you’ll remain enrolled full-time in your undergraduate major. Each ambassador functions with little supervision. They maintain a high degree of professionalism, reliability and confidentiality.
Benefits of Participation
- Earn a letter of involvement
- Participate in professional development workshops
- Receive personalized support from admissions staff
- Network with current medical students, faculty and administrators at the College of Medicine – Tucson
- Learn all about the application process at the College of Medicine – Tucson
- Get to know the College of Medicine – Tucson facilities, events, programs and community
Students in the Pre-MD Ambassadors program must:
- Be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate program (any major) at the University of Arizona
- Be interested in applying to medical school
- Not plan to apply to medical school in the upcoming application cycle. You cannot participate in Pre-MD Ambassadors if you are applying to medical school that same year. This includes applying to the Honors Early Assurance Program.
- Commit at least one full academic year (fall and spring) to the Pre-MD Ambassadors Program
Preference will be given to students who have completed at least two years (four semesters) of college.
Our application is now closed. Please check back to see when our application is open again.
Please contact the Admissions office at Admissions@medicine.arizona.edu or 520-626-6214.